Featuring one-of-a-kind wearable works of art created by a unique process called Nuno felting. This technique, done by hand, bonds pure silk fabric with luxurious fibers to create brand new fabrics which are drapable, lightweight and sheer.

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Treasures Reclaimed



I met with a linen dealer this week to view her basket of handmade lace items that were damaged. I want to use handmade lace in my projects but cannot bear to cut up something in good condition. These pieces were too tattered for her to resell as no one would want to display them. They are perfect for me as I can cut away, mostly guilt free. I must admit, I had to hold back tears as I went through the basket and thought about how each piece was lovingly crafted, taking hundreds of hours. "A hem of a bridal dress? A baby's bib? A wedding gift? Was the marriage long and happy?" Each bit of lace will be showcased in a nuno felted piece and live on to bring years of joy to someone new.

No comments:

Post a Comment