Featuring one-of-a-kind wearable works of art created by a unique process called Nuno felting. This technique, done by hand, bonds pure silk fabric with luxurious fibers to create brand new fabrics which are drapable, lightweight and sheer.

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

New Work - Blazing Azaleas

Last spring I was in awe of the riot of color from the azaleas where I live along the Gulf Coast of Alabama. So, I went on colorlovers.com and created this pallet and saved it to my account.


This spring, in anticipation of the azaleas blooming again, I looked up the palette I had saved and hand dyed this swath of silk gauze.


Next, I blended some fibers - bottle green merino wool with golden bamboo on a drum carder. See the shimmering bamboo? I am hooked on bamboo because it adds loft, softness and SHIMMER!


Then I made some prefelts.


Fibers were laid out. Petals and leaves were cut from the prefelts.


The scarf is rolled up, ready to felt.



Finished...




No comments:

Post a Comment